Thursday, February 23, 2012

A New Start

Ok, lets catch up. I maintained and felt great till the fall of last year. I fell and my rotator cuff was seriously damaged. I had surgery in November and started gaining weight. I was told no gym, even to walk. It made me depressed and I slipped into bad habits. It has been a stressful couple of months and I have made every excuse in the books. For the last 3 to 4 weeks I have been trying to come back. Last week I got released from my doctor for full activity. (in 6 weeks he will release me for good if I am ok) I am excited to work out again but my diet attempts have been miserable. Every morning I start strong but by 4pm I have fallen off the wagon and in depression I eat even more. Today I started again. I got to the gym and did my free weight workout and finally had time to do some cardio. I only did 20 minutes but I could not bring myself to eat crap after that and made it through the day without slipping! I have to go day by day but it is great to make it through today and I want to keep up with it. I do not want to go back to were I was before and need to stop making excuses. (yes, I am watching the biggest loser this season-hahaha) Anyway, I want to start blogging again. It will make me responsible and keep me focused. By my start date in May I want to be back on he road to healthy and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment