Thursday, August 26, 2010

Bicycling To The Edge of The Universe

Ok, I am so proud of today. Gordon's car broke down and he took mine to work. I decided that I wasn't going to miss my work out, I wouldn't be able to do another one with my trainer till next week. So I decided to bike to the YMCA. I map quested it and it was 3.75 miles but I had to take the long way to stay off the main road so I figured it was about 4 miles one way. Then when I went to leave I found a flat tire! I have never changed one but decided to try. Then I found out the tube could not be fixed and I searched through boxes till I found a new one and put it in the tire. I was so proud. Then I started out. About a mile in I realized that I had not put the tire on right so I stopped at someones house and deflated the tire and fixed it and then pumped it up again with a hand pump. (Thanks Sister Johnston for the tools) Then I went on to the Y. I got my work out in and then biked about 2 miles back to the car place and Gordon's car was fixed so I brought it home. I was excited to get it all done. I don't know how my weight loss is going but I feel great!

1 comment: