Friday, June 4, 2010

Weighing In and Coming Down (to reality)

I went to the gym today. I am very discouraged. I weighed in for the week. I am at 281. That is only 5 pounds in almost 2 weeks. I have to be honest and say that I did not exercise enough. I have been going to water aerobics but not consistantly. I like it but do not feel like it pushes me enough. I do feel the burn in some muscles but not enough cardio. I like being in the gym better. I spend about 15 minutes on the treadmill, 10 minutes at a quick pace that I am comfortable with then the last 5 minutes I push a couple of levels up. Then when I am jello legged I move to the bike and just try to keep going for another 15 minutes. I know it is not much but I am trying. I know I can't give up but it is tough not to get the start I wanted. I wanted to go in and hit this hard and get a big bang on the first weigh in but it just didn't happen. I know I need to be in the gym more and find some way to work out at home too. 30 minutes just isn't enough. Maybe I can go the gym in the morning and work out at home in the evening. It is hard. We went to the zoo tonight for an event and they had dinner. It was depressing because I couldn't eat anything! I finally put some lettuce (put out for the burgers) and 2 slices of tomato on a plate and ate it dry. Everybody else was enjoying burgers and hotdogs and chips and lots of desserts. This kind of sacrifice deserved more than 5 pounds. I need to see results but I guess that I just need to suck it up and get in the gym more if that is what I want. Anyway, I will not give up, I will not give up, I WILL NOT GIVE UP!

1 comment:

  1. you are doing great! just keep it up. i can't wait to see the new you. call me if you ever need support, we both know I won't answer, but at least you called, right?! have a great sunday, miss you tons, love you
    lanae

    ReplyDelete